Sunday, March 2, 2008

the normal routine of life

In Luke 22:39 we are told that Jesus goes out to pray on the Mount of Olives. We are told that this happens "as usual". I think that this is significant because Jesus is going to the cross and he goes out to commune with the Father as he normally does. Jesus found the strength to go to the cross during his usual communal moments.
All of this speaks to me for it is out of the normal routine of life that the craziness of life takes hold of us. We are completely caught off guard when we arise to shower and feel that lump that was not there before or we the phone call come as the unexpected has happened to a loved one. The job promotions comes on Friday and over the weekend you realize that you must move and uproot your family.
Regardless of the challenging events that happen in our lives, many of them arise during the normal routine of life. As Jesus found his strength during usual time with the Father, I too am encouraged to make sure that I find my way to the Father so that I am not at a loss when life goes into a spin... I want to experience the intimacy of the Father when life goes up or down.
May we each find our way to Father's side and deepen our walk with Him daily...

No comments: