Monday, September 22, 2008

Following the Spirit

In a book I just began reading the other day, the author tells of an of an old phrase for the Holy Spirit that originates with our Celtic brethren. An Gedah-Glas means "the Wild Goose" and provides and interesting depiction of the Holy Spirit and rather accurately describes my on personal experience in following the Spirit's leading in my life. It is challenging and strangely haunting to try and see God at work... leading my life. I want to stay in tune and on the path, but it seems a bit murky at times. There are moments that I feel like I am right in line and then other moments where I seem to be out of sorts.
Paul tells us in Galatians, "Since we live by the Spirit, let us stay in step with the Spirit." My desire is to stay in step, no matter what the days of my life bring me. Satan may throw all that Hell has to offer at me, but in the end I long to be found faithful.
May God be glorified and honored!!

No comments: