Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Internal Impact

How long has it been since you have been impacted in a significant way? How does God get you attention? What does it take for you to be open to the work of God in this world? I am not sure how you answered these questions but I know that God got my attention last week in Africa. To be fair, we don't have the luxury of going to Africa each time we need a new perspective on life. Most of the time I believe that we are jaded and distracted from God's purposes. This past week God woke me up to some of the most amazing truths and took me to a new place in my own walk with Him.

All People Matter - Jesus Thinks So
The Ministry of Presence
God is Not A Drive-Thru
God's Kingdom is Advancing
The Necessity of Daily Obedience
A Spiritual Death Sentence - Growing Dead Churches
Poverty in The World
Getting off Our Crutches
Learning to be Dependant

These are just a few of the lessons that I took from last week and will write on over the next few days. I look forward to relating my trip to Africa as I write and hope that you will be encouraged and challenged.

Don't forget:
God is always trying to get our attention. Are you attentive to work of God in your life and to His perspective on this life? Let God do a deep in work in your life. I know it is hard. I put up a fight. Let's let God have His way with us. God will speak and will to take us to a new place of faith. Let's give Him the space He needs and respond obediently to His leading.

No comments: