Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wisdom

I have been reading the Proverbs lately. It has been fun to see how practical and helpful these short sayings really are to my life. There is great wisdom to be found there and it is easy to read. If you have not made it through each of the chapters I encourage you to take a chapter a day or a portion of a chapter and see how God reveals Himself to you and applies a truth to your life.

I like this one in 10:9 says:
The man of integrity walks securely
but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.
Or this one in 3:34-35
He mocks proud mockers
but gives grace to the humble
The wise inherit honor
but fools he holds up to shame.
Or a personal favorite 4:23
Above all else guard your heart
for it is the wellspring of life.
This is just a smattering of the great insight presented in the book of Proverbs. I am sure these nuggets of wisdom will push and challenge you just as they have my life and marriage. Take time to read and reread the passage each day and in the process I think you will find the scripture reading you. When this happens you won't just be getting through the Bible, rather the Bible will be working through you. I need this and I am certain you do as well!!

No comments: