Thursday, October 29, 2009

On My Mind - Thursday

What are you praying for?
What has your prayer life revolved around lately? Have you just been going through the motions? Sometimes I find myself saying very similar things in my prayers, and although I know that I need to be persistent in my prayer life, I also know that I need to make sure that my prayers are faithfully fresh. This means that I need to be alert to the spiritual needs in me, my marriage, and even around me. There are always ways that God wants to work and I long for my prayers to the Father to be directed in this way. Just as Jesus said that he could only do what the Father is doing, this is true for each of us. Prayer helps us see and act on what the Lord is doing.

Who are you praying for?
Are there people in your life that you fail to prayer for? One thing I know, prayer makes a difference. God uses prayer to shape our lives and the lives of others. Are you aware of the needs of people around you? Bring them to the Lord and see how God works in those moments of prayer. I believe that the Lord will work and often in ways that you are not even prepared for.

What is the next spiritual step you need to take?
God leads us and directs us daily. God is always shaping our lives. We are not walking through this life alone on our own island. Are you aware that God longs to lead you in ongoing spiritual growth? It seems that many people get saved and stop at that point. God is always moving and the Lord wants us to be moving along with Him. Life with God is not to be stagnant but one of vibrant creative growth. This maybe overwhelming to you, but I believe spiritual growth must be a reality. One step at time... No one gets over a wall in one swoop. One step at a time. Are you alert to God's work in your life? Some days I am and some times I am not. I believe the pattern of my life should be attune to the Lord more and more. So how is God at work in you? It may be a character issue or the way your treat your spouse. Regardless of what the matter is, God longs to deepen your life and will do all He can to direct you to Himself.

No comments: