Thursday, January 3, 2008

Here It Comes

I wish that God would tell me every time I was about to a left hook from life. I mean it would be so much easier if we were told what when life was going to take our pants and pull them to our ankles, but it does not always happen this way.
No, I learned this year that it rarely, if ever happens this way. No, we don't get the "notice" in the prayer box, we are left to walk through it as it happens. I believe that this is why we have faith and believe in the idea that God is in control and He will walk with us as we deal with junk that hits the wall of our life.
God takes the ugly portrait from our cellar and puts on His mantle and makes it a masterpiece. How many of us if we took all the ingredients for a cake would enjoy each of them by itself... not a chance... baking soda does not taste good nor do cloves... but when you mix the ingredients together the tastes is amazing...
I believe that this is how it is in life. God takes all the experiences that we have and makes a beautiful life as we look to Him and trust that he really is the author and perfecter of our faith.
Praise be the Lord!

No comments: