Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wild Ride

It has been a wild ride that last few days. I have been completely swamped with ministry and I feel that I may have ministryitus. I get this when I have been completely unfaithful in my resting. I overbook my schedule...which leads me to waste the time I do have...and all this be completely avoiding the necessary space God provides me to reflect and listen. When this point happens I get stressed, irritable and pushy with others. Right now i yearn for the "rustling of sandal-feet" in my presence.
I don't like this... I get so frustrated that this happens. I am not sure why I allow this to happen. Why can't I slow down and allow the Lord to speak peace into my life? I truly wish that I was able to pull away even for just a few hours to listen to God. Why is so hard for me? I am addicted to activity. God help me intentionally pause... long enough to hear the voice of Jesus as breaths life into me.
Lord, give us your rhythms of grace...

No comments: