Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Hardwork of Being Refined...

In our lives we are always going through moments that can change us... I have been reading several books lately and portions in each book have spoken to the ways that God shapes his children. I am amazed at the amount of time that God spends making his people the people that he wants them to be. God is so patient with me!
I only wish that I were more receptive...
I mean God takes precision care to shape all the areas of my life. The rough edges must come off... even though it may hurt! God really does long to make me into something new. He does desire that your life and my life would be formed after his heart... That the character of our lives would take on the character of Christ thus forming us into the most useful vessels possible...
I only wish that I were more receptive...
I know that if I am not careful I can go through the times of refining without being open or even aware of the Spirit's work... There is a short verse in Jeremiah chapter six that is kind of behind all of this... and it says that the "refining was in vain..." wow! Now that is not what I want to be the story of my life. If God longs to take me to a new place in my journey with him, then I want to be sure and receive it... It has occurred to me that refining is painful and challenging... The Holy Scripture tells us that God's mercies are new every morning...
And I only wish that I were more receptive... How about you?

No comments: