Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Life of Faith

What does it mean to live a life of faith? I mean, what does it mean to live - not by sight but by being led by the Spirit of God?
Paul tells us in Galatians... "Sense we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." How can I keep in step with the Spirit? I want to live a life that is characterized by a distinct leading of the Christ.
When Simon Peter stepped out of the boat onto the water... this is what I long for. I want to step out of the boat and to give myself to more than just what I can give myself too. I desire for the Lord to empower me to do more than just what I am capable of in my own strength.

Why do we resist challenges in our lives? I am not sure. But I do know that the Lord is always at work in us and around us to develop our faith... without any pressure we will slowly experience faith atrophy.

No comments: