Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Engaging Culture

What does it mean to engage culture? How are we to live life within the context of our everyday existence? I am asking myself, "Am I helping shape the culture that I live in?" How is our community different because of my presence? How are you are making a contribution to the world we live in? Is our community a better place because you live here? Are people glad that our church is a part of this community? I read the other day that certain words come to mind when a person thinks of or hears of any organization. What do others think of when they hear your name, my name, our church's name, etc. My prayer is that we can live for Christ and make a positive contribution to the world we live in as we engage the world around us rather than remaining sheltered huddled in our little "holy mass".
"Christianity begins to shift its sheltered reputation when Christ followers are engaged, informed, and on the leading edge, offering a sophisticated response to the issues people face." UnChristian - David Kinnaman

No comments: