Thursday, June 19, 2008

Long Time No Blog

It has been a while since I have blogged. Julie and I left for Mississippi last Thursday. While we had a wonderful time with our families it was a challenge to get near a computer for very long... I was unable to give any attention to serval thoughts that I had along the way, so I plan to blog on them over the next few days...

The timing of our trip was perfect for me to be with my family on our first Father's Day without dad... The weekend was not as hard as I thought it might be, but being at church without dad preaching was a challenge... It just did not seem right to be there and not hear His voice and the encouraging-challenging words that I remember from sermons past...

As I think about my family... each one of them, I feel so blessed! God has given us just a great bond that I know is grace gift from our Lord.

I have an excerpt from an article that I published in a local magazine...

"The moments I remember most vividly with my dad are the simple, subtle ones. These are the moments that seem to mean the most. I think the moments that make the best memories are those quiet experiences that we often overlook only to remember them after a person dies. "

To read the article in its entirety log onto: http://www.ttatomagboro.com/.

No comments: