Monday, March 23, 2009

Culture Connections

What is the normal rhythm of your life? Is there a normal rhythm to your days? Have you ever thought that God has a rhythm for our lives? I believe God cares about the very days we live and each moment that makes up these various days. This means that God gives notice as to how we spend the minutes that make up the moments of the days we live on this earth. Now that is something to think about. So I ask myself... Am I living in a rhythm that pleases God? Am I aware of His rhythm for my life? Am I aware of His rhythm in this world? Am I connected and in step with His rhythm?

While in Greece, our team was intentionally trying to be aware of how God was moving in a culture most of us had never been in before. It is challenging to consider the pattern of God's movement in our own context(GSU - Statesboro-USA), but even more challenging to consider the movement of God in whole other country.

How do we connect with a culture that seemingly cares little for the God we worship. It seems to me that it begins with being attentive to God, His character, and His consistent ways of acting. This means we must get to know God. It may appear to be simplistic but I truly believe that it is true. We must journey with God and get to know Him intimately.

Jesus said the greatest commandment is this...

"To love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
Matthew 22:37

No comments: