Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Day of March

March has been a good month for me. I don't know about you, but other than the up and down weather, I have certainly enjoyed the past few weeks. Preaching has been fun, but not the best. I have enjoyed our sermon series of Jesus' last words from the Cross. I certainly have much room for improvement in my preaching. The longer I communicate, the more I fail to remember that preaching really is an art form. This means that it is fluid/changing and should not be static. I am still learning, and I hope to stay on this journey. The college mission trips seemed to be meaningful for all who participated. I am very thankful to have gone to Greece and count it a blessing to have grown so much during the trip. I want to speak to two other "lessons from Greece" later on in the blog, but won't at this point. Julie and I have really had a great month. We are in our best season of marriage yet. She is my best friend and for that I am so very grateful. She is on her way back from Mississippi today. She has been visiting her family and having a great to time with her sister's kids. We have great families and we love them so much. I still miss ya Pop!!

Life Lesson One...
Prayer is a conversation. I really forget this much of the time. I get off into the business of my day and stop talking to God... then I realize it is nearly midnight and I need to talk with Him. This is poor on my part and short-sighted. I want to talk with Jesus throughout the day, not just when I need something from Him or I'm in pinch. I really need to spend some time just hanging out with Jesus and intentionally involving Him in my day... Maybe you do too...

Life Lesson Two...
I realized in Greece that people just want to have a conversation. People want to chat. In fact I need to chat with my friends and others that I bump into. I spoke with many people in Greece and I don't think that I was once turned down... I carried on a conversation with people for nearly hour on several occasions and had the best time. I was able to share my faith with a couple of young professionals from Athens. This happened in the midst of conversation... There is power in words you know... spoken words... written words... the Word. I believe, one of God's greatest gifts to us is CONVERSATION.

Here's some homework:
a. start having a conversation with God - involve Jesus in your day.
b. look for someone to share a conversation with - intentionally hangout with someone.

Your life will be enriched and more than likely changed. I promise!! Mine was...

No comments: