Sunday, March 22, 2009

A World Apart

Over the next few postings I will reflect on my recent trip to Greece. I had wonderful time over in history rich Athens, Greece. I was amazed at all I experienced during our 10 day exploration of this ancient land. The people of Greece are a delight and the country is beautiful. There is part of me still in Athens, the experience was so rich I would like to still be over in the country. It was one of the best m-experiences I have ever been a part of. Sharing the love of Christ with people this past week, radically changed me in various ways.

Why do we have travel nearly 10, 000 miles to live with a sense of urgency? Why must we leave for a week in order for God to teach us truths we have heard over and over? Why does it seem that we care so little for the people in our own back yard?

These questions as well as a plethora of others come to mind when I consider the impact of this past week...

Lord I am thankful
I am not sure why
But I am so very blessed
By Your ever present hand
On my life
Help me live anew
Give me courage
Strengthen my resolve
And patience to listen for You
Amen and Amen

No comments: