Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Forgotten Ways of Christmast No.2

It has been a while since I have written about The Forgotten Ways of Christmas, so here we go again lest you think that I was just going to pick it back up next year.
As I have thought about the Scriptures dealing with the birth of Jesus, I have been struck by the humility of it all. God's way is humble. I have much to learn about this... Jesus comes as Paul says in Philippians 2 "not counting equality with God something to be grasped".
How awesome is this. God is the most humble. Jesus is living out the character of the Father in the Incarnation.
I believe that we all have much to learn about the ways of God. But if I were God, I would have gone to the top of Everest to announce the birth of the Messiah. If I were Jesus I would have wanted to make a GRANDE entrance into this life. But this is not the way of God... No God works in the humility of a vulnerable child.
Lord help us all who are prideful and self-absorbed.
"A man wrapped up in himself makes a small bundle." Ben Franklin

No comments: