Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Unexpected

What are you giving others this Christmas? What do you want to get this Christmas?

Do you have expectations?

I wonder what the shepherds thought when the angels appeared in the field?
I wonder what Mary felt when the angel came to her?
What did Joseph feel as he awoke from his day dreaming?

The unexpected comes to us and we do not know what to think or feel. We assume that we know what we need from God, but He knows best. We think that we have our needs fairly ironed out... but truthfully we lack the insight needed.

How would I respond if I were in the Joseph's shoes? or Mary's? or the Shepherd's? or even the Wisemen? I hope that I would be willing and ready to be obedient. It is hard to be ready for the unexpected.
Lord keep us open to the unexpected. Lord make us aware of your presence? Give us a willing heart to do as you prompt us.

No comments: