Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Hope of Jesus

Jesus came into this world to bring Hope. He came that we might envision what might be... what could be... what should be!
Jesus came that we might have life. Isaiah says, "to those living in darkness, a light as dawned."
I can remember going out in the woods with my dad to hunt. He would leave me at a place and go on further to another spot. We would hunt for a few hours and then he would come get me. I always loved seeing his flashlight as he would make his way to me. The light was a sense of comfort and security. When I saw the light - hope welled up in me as a child. The light was a sign that all was well.
Scripture tells us that Jesus is the light of the world. He is a sign to to us that hope has come and that in Jesus... all is well.
This Christmas, may we seek the Lord and know the hope that is in Christ. I pray that each of us will live out the Christ life and be hope in a world that needs to know and experience the hope that Christ offers.

No comments: