Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Hard Work of Trust

Brennan Manning offers a story in his book, Ruthless Trust, about Mother Theresa. A man goes to her and asks her to pray that he will have clarity. Mother Theresa tells him, "No I will not do that. Clarity is the last thing you are clinging to and must let go of. " The man insisted that she had the clarity that he longed for. It is said that she laughed and said, "I have never had clarity; what I have always had is trust. So I will pray that you will have trust." pg. 5 Ruthless Trust
I need to ask myself this question daily:
Do I long for clarity in my life or do I truly long to trust Jesus? How about you?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love that book and that whole part about clarity is highlighted AND underlined. When I read that it just all became clear (isn't that ironic, ha). I focus too much on trying to figure it all out when I should be focusing on Him. It is amazing how clear things become when you stop trying to clarify and just trust Him to work it out.

Love the blog, Stew-daddy. I am trying it out as well :)

Miss you bud, JT
www.jennababe.wordpress.com :)