Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Lessons of Life

I have so enjoyed my time here in the San Francisco area. The time here has been so refreshing. I really cannot believe that I have just about finished my second year in school. I am so thankful for the work that I have been able to do. I have been pushed and challenged. At 35 i must say that i really am a different person. I have found life and vigor once again. I cannot believe all that Jesus has shown me over the last 18 months of my life. I am so blessed and so grateful for all that the Lord is doing in my life. I find it hard to believe that I am at this place today. Just about a year and a half ago a friend of mine told me about the program here at Golden Gate and I thought, yeah I think that would be something that would be good. Little did I know that in the process of earning a degree, the Lord would completely change my life.
Over the next few days I will journal about what God has shown me. First, I am too driven. I need to slow way down and let the Spirit speak to my soul. I need to listen for the words from the Savior who loves me. I need to know that I am valued, because at times I feel useless. I need to know that my God gives grace to the downcast, because I am often ashamed of my actions. I need to know the discipline of God, because too often I just want to hear the easy words from Him. I am thankful for the relationship that I have with Jesus, for he has changed my life. I am a new person. I want to love more fully and embrace life with the strength that he affords me to take each day as a gift from His hands.
"Godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6

No comments: