Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7 Jesus Brings Life

We enjoy a lot of fun during the Christmas season and I just love it. I have great memories of wonderful times with my family and friends. When I lived in Virginia I always wanted it to snow. I think we only had one Christmas snow, but the anticipation surrounding the season was a great part of the fun. As a child I remember thinking that Christmas would never come, but so glad when it did.

These memories are great, but we must remember that Jesus came to bring life to our soul. This does not mean that our childhood experiences are rendered unimportant, just that they are not why Jesus came. Jesus came to conquer death so that we might experience life in him. I love what that the angel said, " he will be called Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." This bring life. All the tensile in the world can't bring life. You can get more and more under the tree, but if you don't have Jesus, you don't have life.

"I am the way and the truth and the life." Jesus
John 14:6

No comments: