Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8 - Christmas & Faith

I love this from the writer of Hebrews:
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
This is what the ancients were commended for."
Hebrews 11:1-2
When I read the Christmas story I am struck by the faith each character displays. They hear what the angel has to say and simply trust them to be true. They know that the messiah is coming, but they do not know how and yet they believe. Mary and Joseph have the faith to believe. The shepherds have the faith to believe. The wise men have the faith to believe. Do I? Do you?
When God speaks to you do you believe what he is saying? First of all, we must hear from the Lord. Are you putting yourself in a position to hear from God? God speaks to in all sorts of ways. I have never heard him audibly, but he does speak to me in his Word, in books, and sermons. God reveals himself to us in our daily experiences we have and in the midst of our daily obedience. The real question is am I willing to believe and then act on what God has to say when he does speak.
This Christmas begin cultivating an ear for the Lord. You will simply be amazed at what you hear.

No comments: